Installation Terms And Conditions
We can arrange for a Lightwave Pro (“Installer”) to install your Lightwave products in your home.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to installation of Lightwave devices in the United Kingdom.
Preparing for installation:
- Installation appointments may be scheduled to take place during normal business hours Monday to Friday, subject to the availability of an Installer.
- You must ensure that you have all necessary consents before installation, including but not limited to the permission of a landlord where necessary or any permissions required where the property is part of a listed building. Lightwave and the Installer reserve the right to check all necessary permissions before carrying out any installation. Neither Lightwave nor the Installer shall be liable for your failure to obtain any necessary consent.
- Lightwave products are designed to replace existing wired light switches, sockets and dimmers. Before commencing installation, your Installer will check that your existing fittings are compatible and what work is required to install Lightwave in your home. If your Lightwave setup/device is incompatible or cannot be installed, contact your place of purchase for return information.
- Installation of Lightwave dimmers, sockets, sensors and heating products as required
- The cost of installation does not include the set up and connection of the link plus, prior to installation, the customer must have the link plus connected to the router, and the Lightwave Link Plus application downloaded (or web app set up if preferred)
- Before installation, the customer must ensure they have the following:
- Dimmable bulbs
- Link Plus hub setup and linked to the Lightwave App
- All light switches/dimmers that are being replaced with Lightwave are working as expected
- 35mm (or larger) back box sizes
- 1 consumer unit
- Installations falling out of this scope may incur additional charges
- Once installed, the Installer will run a post-installation test to check that the products are correctly installed.
- Installation does not include any service that is not explicitly referred to in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to the cost of running new wires required to install the dimmers, switches and sockets. The Installer will confirm any additional service required prior to commencing that service and will agree to the cost for that service with you.
- Lightwave devices are likely to be installed in the location of your existing fittings. However, following installation you might need to redecorate, restore or repair areas close to your devices at your own cost.
Returns and Warranty Conditions:
- If, for any reason, you want to return a Lightwave Device/s for a refund, please contact your place of purchase for return information. Unless otherwise agreed with your place of purchase, where the installation service has been performed, you will be responsible for all costs associated with returning the products (including uninstallation and the costs of shipping the Lightwave products back to your place of purchase) and you will not be entitled to a refund for the installation price.
- To the extent applicable by law, Lightwave excludes all liability for any damage caused to your property during installation of your Lightwave device.
- We accept no liability if installation services cannot be provided for reasons which are beyond our control, such as fire, accidents, war, adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes and lock outs which we are not directly involved in.
These terms and conditions are in addition to any terms and conditions of the Installer.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.